There’s lots of fun activities planned for Carisbrooke Tennis Club’s annual Open Day this year, taking place on Sunday, July 9, from midday.
Prospective new members will be warmly welcomed on the day and they can learn more about what’s available at the club and receive some special one-off membership discounts.
People can give the game a try and sample some of the top-class coaching on offer at Carisbrooke or kick back and indulge in some free food and refreshments.
To register for the event via the LTA’s ClubSpark website, click here.
The Open Day is one of the biggest day’s in the club’s annual calendar and current members, family and friends are all urged to pop along during the day to chat to possible new members and enjoy all the festivities.
This year the event has been planned to coincide with the moment when much of the country is captivated by tennis fever with the Wimbledon championships well under way and even casual tennis fans are gripped by the latest exploits of Andy Murray and Co.
The full timetable for the day is listed below:
Social activities, from midday
- Free refreshments all day – tea and cakes (donations of home-made cakes welcome!)
- Barbecue from 5pm – free food for all (members asked to bring a salad or side dish)
- Bouncy castle all day
- Bar happy hour from 5.30pm-6.30pm
Tennis activities, also from midday
- From midday, open play on all courts
- 2.30pm: Open Day tournament for adults (Open Day guests and current members). There will be winners’ trophies for men and women
- 2.30pm-4.30pm: Free coaching for adults and juniors
- 4pm-6pm: Open play until the end
- 6pm: Tournament winners’ ceremony
For more details about the event or to volunteer, call secretary John Simpson on 07443 647 699 or email email@example.com